Note! If you have arrived looking for the movie “How to make Finger Pincushions,” click HERE for yesterday’s message and add your comment for a chance to win! (Then hurry back and see some gorgeous designs you can sew wearing a finger pincushion!)
More TOP 25 Contest Winners!
As promised, here are a few more of the Top 25 designs from the Electric Quilt/Inklingo Love the Lines Contest.
Only the quilters who entered the contest will have access to the Electric Quilt project files for the Top 25—a great prize!—but all of them will be featured on the blog.
There are descriptions from each designer in the EQ project notecards, but these tips will give you an idea of the creativity of these Inklingo designers!
The quilts were chosen for the Top 25 by the judge, Barb Vlack, EQ author and teacher. Thank you, Barb! Congratulations to everyone who entered!
Kari Bauer’s Double Wedding Ring
Inspired by Kari?
- why quilters love Inklingo for DWR
- free EQ project file
- how to sew curves for a DWR quilt
- Double Wedding Ring Design Book ($10 or free)
- others in the blog archives (searchable)
Inklingo Stars By Cathi Godwin
Cathi used several Inklingo shape collections very creatively! Many variations are possible with Cathi’s layout because she used 6 inch blocks.
Inspired by Cathi?
Jo Moury’s Storm At Sea
Ispired by Jo?
- free EQ project file
- Sunflower Designs (blog)
- Gallery of Sunflower Quilts
- Sunflower Quilt Design Book ($10 or free)
- Storm At Sea links farther down the page
Elaine Stone-Arthur’s Storm At Sea
(You can’t really trust me on that. I always see lots of possibilities with whatever shape collection I am considering at the time. LOL)
Inspired by Elaine?
- Storm At Sea Design Book ($10 or free)
- Gallery of Storm At Sea Quilts
- Sash and Block Star Quilts (blog)
- first blog entry about Storm At Sea
Christiane Wipplinger’s Storm At Sea
Inspired by Christiane?
- free Yin Yang EQ Project File
- more on-point settings (blog)
- Yin Yang possibilities (blog)
- how to sew Yin Yang curves (blog)
- Storm At Sea links above
Anneke de Weerdt’s Feathered Stars
Inspired by Anneke?
- Feathered Star Design Book ($10 or free)
- how to sew a Feathered Star (plus the movie!)
- how to sew a Feathered Star (blog)
- introduction (blog)
- things to love about Feathered Star (blog)
You CAN sew these!
These are all complicated-looking quilts which are actually do-able with the cutting and stitching lines printed on the fabric with Inklingo. Check out the links under each quilt to see how.
You can design with Inklingo shapes knowing that you can turn your dreams into fabric creations—whether it is Double Wedding Ring, Feathered Star, or any other.
I have given you links to some of the pages on the blog and the website, but there are many more. Luckily, the blog is searchable (box above the header), so you can follow your interests!
Looking for more of the winners? We featured the Grand Prize winner and others HERE, and we’ll be back with more of the Top 25 soon, so stay tuned.
Thank you for visiting!
Linda & Monkey
New to Inklingo? Order and download free shapes and start sewing in the next few minutes. Quick Start (Always FREE.) There are triangles, diamonds, and squares in the free collection—great for dozens of different blocks.