Russ has been a good sleuth. Overseas quilters can save money on postage.
In the past, the flat rate Global Priority envelopes were the best choice for fast delivery and price, but the price increased to $23.95 (previous message).
(It’s a good thing Inklingo shape collections are downloadable!!)
IMPORTANT FOR OVERSEAS QUILTERS
As usual, you pay what I pay without a handling fee.
- When you order POTC or JAPM (or both), the shopping cart adds $23.95 for postage automatically.
- I will send your order in a large white envelope instead of a Global Priority envelope as long as it saves you money.
- When the actual postage is less than $23.95, the difference is refunded to you. You pay what I pay.
- First Class International may take a few days longer to be delivered but the savings are big (examples below).
- If you prefer to have your order sent by Global Priority even if First Class would cost less, please leave a comment when you place the order. I will include 2 sheets of freezer paper (18 x 18, heavy paper) if there is room because the weight doesn’t affect the price.
- I am happy to price the postage for you in advance, if you prefer.
These apply for England, Australia, and many other countries.
POTC Save $14.25.
POTC First Class International – $9.70 instead of $23.95.
JAPM Save $12.55.
JAPM First Class International – $11.40 instead of $23.95.
POTC + JAPM First Class International – $13.10 instead of $23.95.
(Similar for 2 POTC or 2 JAPM)
USPS RATE INCREASE
I wrote about the huge increase in US Post Office rates on the blog in January, when postage to Australia, Europe, and Asia jumped $7.00 from $16.95 to $23.95 for the flat rate Global Priority envelope.
The rates for Large White Envelopes vary according to weight, whether the clerk thinks it is rigid or not, and the USPS “price groups” for different countries.
The “rigid test” seems to be at the discretion of the clerk. Today, Russ was told that our examples were flexible enough. If we get a clerk who says no, the rate jumps by more than $5.
Inklingo # 3, The Inklingo Handbook, and Quilted Diamonds 1 are heavier and thicker (more rigid), so the savings are minimal or none. We will continue using the Global Priority envelopes. We can fit two of these books in the flat rate envelope.
We will always do our best to find the best combination of price and service. If you have any questions or concerns, please ask! I am happy to help.
I hope that takes some of the mystery out of overseas postage.
Next, back to our regularly scheduled Case of the Secret Garden mystery quilt. Everything for that is downloadable, so it is even simpler—no postage at all!
You can subscribe to the blog (top of right sidebar) so you don’t miss any exciting news like this.
Linda & Monkey
New to Inklingo? Order and download free shapes and start sewing in the next few minutes. Quick Start (Always FREE.) There are triangles, diamonds, and squares in the free collection—great for dozens of different blocks.
$10 Coupon! 6 Year Anniversary Special on the handbook